Funeral Outfits For Men
Funerals are considered as respectful occasions, and knowing how to dress up for a funeral is a must. Dressing up for a funeral means dressing up not for yourself, but for the deceased. A funeral outfit represents grief, henceforth you need to be sensitive when choosing the right clothing and colors.
Here are a few guidelines to follow:
When it comes to funeral outfits, make sure to wear a dark colored suit like black, grey and dark navy blue, along with a neutral color tie. Do not pair accessories like cufflinks with pocket squares to your suit as it will make your outfit look fancy which is not appropriate for a funeral.
If you do not have a suit, wear a dark pair of trousers, preferably black or charcoal grey which is easily available at brandsco.com . Combine your trousers with either a white shirt or a black shirt and formal shoes. Do not attend the funeral service in casual wear like jeans and sneakers.
Suits for the funeral
The standard suit colors for the funeral are black, grey and navy blue. Make sure to not wear a 3 piece suit for a funeral. Opt for a somber color shirt like black and a tie.
Some of the best suits for a funeral which you can shop from BRANDS are
Shirts and trousers
Ideally, the shirt has to be solid black or solid white. Avoid loud designs and patterns on the shirt and also the trouser. Don’t dress up in a way that makes you stand out. Here are some of the shirts and trousers which go well together.
- Binnino slim white formal shirt with Francisco Tolli slim fit black formal trousers.
- Francisco Tolli slim navy formal shirt and Francisco Tolli slim formal trouser.
- Jack Morgan slim black solid shirt and Francisco Tolli ankle fit dark grey formal trousers.
A few additional tips:
- Wear comfortable formal shoes.
- Make sure the color of your socks aren’t flashy.
- Press iron your clothes and keep them clean and odor free.
- Check the weather report if you would need to carry an umbrella or not. If you need an umbrella, make sure the color of the umbrella is solid black.
- Avoid using sunglasses and caps/hats.
Make sure you keep these tips in mind while choosing the right outfit.